TuneList - Make your site Live

25.8.12

Holiness to the Lord - The House of the Lord

This blog is in response to Gma's blog which I believe pertains to God's children of all ages. 

I don't know when I developed a testimony. I don't remember having any life changing experiences or praying like Enos. I think I first knew the church was true because I, like Nephi, had been born to goodly parents and I trusted them. It is not good to base your testimony off of others, but I think it really helped me during my conversion process to have such good examples in my life. However you develop your own testimony it is important to keep exercising it. It is like endurance in sports. It has a short shelf life and will not stick around forever. There are 3 primary ways to build your testimony: Pray, Read the Scriptures, and Go to Church. (not necessarily in that order). 


Setting the goal to go to the temple when you are of age, and then regularly going throughout your life is important. You learn something new every single time you go. Personally, I like hard goals. You appreciate things more when you have to work for them. But don't set goals that are unobtainable. I also believe it is important to go with family. I really don't like going to the temple with out JC. I can not imagine being in Heaven without my family and the temple is a bit of Heaven on Earth. 

I really appreciated being able to go to the temple in Oaxaca. Each time I went it was like going home. I think also hearing the gospel in Spanish has given better insight. 

For example: We usually say that Satan beguiled Eve. That is to say he tricked her. 
In Spanish they use the verb ganar - which means to win or gain. Satan won Eve. 

I believe that this applies to us too. When we do something that is contrary to the commandments of God, Satan wins. Satan also never gives up - but God will never give up on you. That is why He sent His son to be an example for us. Through Jesus Christ, we have the Atonement and the opportunity to renew our baptismal covenants every week with the Sacrament and be clean again. 

We are not here on this Earth to be perfect but to learn how to be perfect like our Father in Heaven is perfect. It is important to set righteous goals and when you make a mistake quickly repent and try again.  

4 comments:

  1. Nice insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did something right when we raised you.
    Before you went there, I didn't even know we had a temple in Oaxaca.
    We really enjoyed our time with grandma and grandpa in the Nauvoo temple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one time were my parents and sister and I able to go to the temple together. It was the Provo Temple after my sister became active and before my Mom died. It was heaven on earth that day. I cherish the times I've been in the temple with my children and grandchildren. I don't know if I'll ever be able to be there with all five of them together, but it's a good goal! It would be a great way to celebrate our 50th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete